4 Travel Essentials for your Next Long Flight


Ankara Turkey
Ankara, Turkey skyline
I guess, most of us would agree that having a trip is one way to relax and rejuvenate. 

Yet, admit it, there are segments of traveling that are enervating and boring as well. Packing and long queues in the airports to name a few.

What’s worse than these is having looong flights. Just imagine yourself being told to stay still on your small chair while struggling to find a perfect position to have a sound sleep. And trying your best to limit your movement aiming not to invade your seatmate's little space or avoiding the one behind you to slip on their hot drink.

I’ve experienced few long uninterrupted flights✈️. One is from HongKong🇭🇰 to Canada🇨🇦 (12 hours) and one is from Philippines🇵🇭 to Qatar🇶🇦(9 hours). Mind you, these route have stop-overs and I still have to wait for few more hours for my connecting flight to reach thy destination.

Yes, long haul flights feel uncomfy especially for economy class passengers like I am: having lack of decent sleeps and absence of refreshing shower do not sound good.

With these, I adopted some ways to feel clean and stay fresh. Say for instance, I would make it a point to have a set of clothes—that includes clean undies— ,and dental kits inside my hand-carry bag so I can have a chance to tidy-up during lay-overs. But sometimes changing your outfit or having fresh mouth is not enough to make you feel refreshed.

So I like to share some items that I bring during trips. Just a note that most of the stuff listed here are not the usual things airline companies are providing.


BE SANITIZED!

Some airlines would provide wet-tissues during meal time or there are some available inside the wash room. Thus, I highly recommend to bring your alcohol and hand sanitizers. Believe me this is the number one item that should be on your list. Especially, it has various use. More than making sure your hands are clean, this can be useful in ensuring you got a clean tray table and in sanitizing toilet seats.  

GET MOISTURIZED!


A friendly message from Qatar Airlines

This message was flashed during my trip to Turkey.  And believe me, there are times during  this trip that some parts of my face feels flaky and sometimes it kinda hurts.

Good thing I always have my face mist. I promise this is not a promotion of any sort. But Nature Republic’s Aloe Vera Face Mist comes in handy in all my trips. I use this to get refreshed after  perspiring profusely on fieldworks and after being exposed from the sun during a day on the beach. I still spray this in places with cold temperature like in the office or in chilly places.
Besides its moisturizing effects, the mild aloe vera scent brings a calming effect. Plus, it feels light  and will not add to the stickiness you feel. 

FEEL REFRESHED!:down there.

For ladies, probably, this will  be something you’ll feel excited about. This item became my instant best friend. You see, there are moments when you just want to treat your vagina with some cleansing. And being on air makes it seems impossible. Good thing I discovered this handy femme spray. I bought mine from Robinsons Department Store but I've seen some at Watsons as well.




BE SMOOCH READY!

Again, air is kinda dry up in the skies, but it is not an excuse for your lips to get desiccated. Though some airlines will give you complimentary lip balms like the one in the photo , it is always best to have your own petroleum jelly. 


Who knows you might be meeting your soulmate on board and experience some smooch action.

Oh and did I say, I like the lipbalm from Qatar Airways. Usually, anything in coco oil does not have a fragrant smell but this have a cherry scent that makes it more addictive to play with it on your lips.

And that ends my list.How about you? What do you usually do on planes to feel fresh? 





Comments